Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP) in North Baldwin, NY
Benefits of Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP) :
- CDPAP offers a wide range of benefits to individuals, including the right to hire, train and manage their own in-home personal care attendants (PCAs). This allows them to stay independent and maintain control over who provides their services.
- With CDPAP, individuals can choose their PCAs from among friends or family members who have been trained by qualified providers to provide quality care. This means they have more control over who will be providing personal care assistance in their home.
- CDPAP can also help save costs associated with in-home care since individuals don’t typically have to pay out-of-pocket costs for the services they receive from their PCA.
- One of the major benefits of CDPAP is that individuals have more flexibility in terms of when and how they receive their services.
- CDPAP also allows individuals to select their PCA from among friends or family members who are familiar with their needs, lifestyle, and preferences.
Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP) in West Elmont, NY
Caring Shepherd HHC Agency, LLC is proud to offer the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP). This program allows individuals to choose and direct their own care. It gives those needing assistance greater control over their health and provides a higher level of independence. We provide in-home care services to residential customers in North Baldwin, New York, and surrounding areas including Nassau, Suffolk, Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, and Westchester counties.
The CDPAP allows consumers to choose family members or friends as caregivers who are willing and able to provide services for them. These “Personal Assistants” can be paid directly by the consumer or through Medicaid-managed long-term care or the Home and Community-Based Care waiver program.